A Salt And Chlorine Plant
Following the wti crude oil price target discovery of oil in Abu Dhabi in 1958, and the primary export shipments of Crude in 1962, plans have been wti crude oil price target drawn up for a grass root Refinery with a capacity of 15,000 barrels per stream day (BPSD) to satisfy a rising native need for petroleum merchandise. Construction work on the challenge began in 1973 and the Refinery, costing an preliminary $45 million, was inaugurated in April 1976.
So rapid was the expansion in demand for oil merchandise, however, that work began nearly immediately on putting in a new Refinery to course of an additional 60,000 BPSD and this was commissioned in 1983.
Requirements continued to grow within the fast-developing Emirate, and ADNOC determined to develop capacity but once more, with environmental issues in thoughts, to incorporate extra units for Gasoline Oil Desulphurization and Sulphur recovery. The expanded Refinery started up in December 1992 with a rated capacity of eighty five,000 BPSD.
A Salt and Chlorine Plant, commissioned at Umm Al Nar in 1981, was merged in 1990 with the Refinery to kind the Abu Dhabi Refinery and Chlorine Division.
Subsequently it was permanently shutdown on 30th November, 2001. Two energy plants, owned and operated by Umm Al Nar Power Firm, and a Lube oil blending/filling plant, owned and operated by ADNOC Distribution, are located adjoining to the Refinery.